Dinner: Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten free
I know like most of you vegetarians and vegans out there that it can be hard to find Thai food recipes that do not have fish sauce. This one is amazing and was adapted from: http://www.ifeelgood.com.au/
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato diced
- 2 tsp vegan red chilli paste (See image)
- 1Tbsp Malaysian curry powder (See image)
- 1 1/4 Cups water
- 2 cups fresh coconut milk (see recipe below)
- 4 Tbsp tamari
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup/sweetner of choice
- 1/4 pumpkin diced roughly
- 1 sweet poatatoes
- 1 capsicum sliced
- 1 broccoli chopped into florets
- 1 lime
- Coriander to serve
- Cooked brown rice
- Add diced onion and saute in a hot wok.
- Add water as onion begins to brown and stir fry for a few minutes. Water is used instead of oil to saute.
- Add tomato, chilli paste, fresh coconut milk, tamari, maple syrup, pumpkin and sweet potato
- Cook until sauce thickens and pumpkin and sweet potato is almost ready.
- Add broccoli and capsicum.
- When vegetables are ready at lime juice.
- Serve with brown rice and fresh coriander.
Young coconut milk:
- Open two young coconuts using a sharp knife or coco jack http://www.coco-jack.com/
- Pour coconut water into blender.
- Scoop coconut flesh out using a spoon and add to blender.
- Blend until smooth
You could also use canned coconut milk if you cannot find fresh young coconut.