This is a quick and delicious mid week meal that you can whip up in no time at all. Simple and nutritious does not have to be time consuming.
Vegan, Gluten free
- 375g firm organic tofu
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup chickpeas (cooked or canned)
- 3 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 large cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. coriander seeds (crushed)
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds (crushed)
- 1 tsp. mustard seeds
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/4 cup water
- Crush the coriander seeds, cumin seeds in a mortar and pestle, add mustard seeds and toast in a pan until fragrant.
- Add the crumbled tofu, turmeric, curry powder mix well.
- Add the tomato paste and water stirring frequently.
- Add peas and chickpeas and cook until heated through.