Jump to recipe
Plant Protein Stuffed Capsicums
A great way to have a protein filled dinner (or lunch) with all the full flavours that you’re always craving.
Makes approximately 5 small capsicums
These capsicums are full of delicious wholefood plant based protein. They are simple to make and great for dinner parties.
- 5 small capsicums
- 3 cups chopped silverbeet
- 250g firm tofu crumbled
- 2 tomatoes diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup cooked/canned chickpeas
- 4Tbsp hot water
- 4Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 3Tbs tamari or soy sauce
- 1Tbsp miso paste
- 1tsp curry powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Cut the top off the capsicum and remove seeds.
- Place the miso paste and hot water in a small bowl and stir until miso dissolves.
- Place the tofu and garlic into a fry pan stir until tofu begins to cook.
- Add the tomatoes, silverbeet, curry powder and miso paste mixture stirring frequently.
- Add the tomato paste, tamari, peas and chickpeas.
- Cook on low heat until the spinach is cooked
- Spoon the mixture into the cpasicums and place the capsicum lids on top.
- Bake until the capsicum is cooked through and lightly charred in patches.