Did you know?
Per calorie, kale has more iron than beef and more calcium than milk. It also comes with many nutrients, vitamins, folate and magnesium.
- 1 large onion
- 2 large carrots
- 3 celery stalks
- 2X 400g tin diced tomatoes
- 1X 400g tin cannellini beans
- 3Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 ½ cups pumpkin (cut into 2cm cubes)
- 5 large kale leaves
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 1L of vegetable stock
- Dice the onion, carrot and celery
- Place the onion in a pot and sauté until it begins to soften.
- Add the carrots and celery and cook until the onion caramelises.
- Add the oregano, pumpkin and tomato paste stir until all combined.
- Add the diced tomatoes, vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
- Turn down to a simmer and cook until the pumpkin begins to soften.
- Chop the kale and add to the soup.
- Add cannellini beans and cook for a further 5mins. * You may choose to add the chilli flakes if you want a bit of extra spice.