Lemon & Cashew Slice
BLURB ABOUT RECIPE – Fruits and vegetables are the most nutrient-dense foods particularly dark green leafy vegetables. One of my daily rituals to ensure that I get as many green vegies into my diet as possible. This simple remedy is perfect for people who are busy and want to ensure that they get loads of antioxidants and anti flammatory benefits. I started this habit about 3 years ago when I decided to transition to a wholefood plant based diet and have never looked back.
Lunch or Snack
LEMON & CASHEW SLICE
About this Recipe
By: Hollie Kempton – Powered by Vegies
Being healthy doesn’t mean you can’t have cheeky snacks, healthy snacks or make them for friends and family!
This Lemon & Cashew Slice is definitely one of my favourites
- 1 cup almonds
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 6 medjool dates
- 50g (180 Natural Protein Superfood Coconut) *substitute: Coconut flour
- 1 cup cashews
- 1tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 80ml Natural Raw C coconut water
Step by Step Instructions
Base – Step 1
- Soak dates in hot water for 5 minutes until soft.
- Place almonds into food processor until coarse crumbs appear
- Add dates and lemon zest and process until smooth, slowly adding the coconut protein powder or
- When well combined place in a lined slice tin and put in the freezer until hard.
Icong – Method
- Soak cashews in water for 2 hours.
- Drain the liquid from the cashews and place in blende
- Add vanilla bean paste, lemon juice, maple syrup and coconut water. Blend until smooth.
- Remove base mixture from the freezer and add icing. Freeze for a further 2 hours or overnight
Try to resist the temptation of eating them all!