Breakfast or snack
Gluten free, vegan
I love having some home made granola in the cupboard that can be sprinkled on top of coconut yoghurt, acai bowls or baked apples. It gives a delicious texture and yummy crunch factor to your morning oats as well.
- 1 large ripe banana
- 2 cups of rolled oats *If you are gluten free make sure that your oats are gluten free
- 1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup bukinis
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 3 Tbsp pure maple syrup
- 2 large passion fruits
- Dry ingredients: Add the rolled oats, pepitas, sesame seeds, bukinis and mix together.
- Wet ingredients: Mash banana with a fork and mix in the maple syrup and vanilla essence.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius
- Lay granola mix onto a lined baking tray and spread thinly.
- Bake for approximately 10mins, remove from the oven and mix ingredients, return to the oven.
- Keep checking the granola and mixing to ensure that you get a crunchy texture.
- The granola is ready when it begins to turn a light golden colour.
- Allow to cool completely before storing in an air tight container.