Vegan, vegetarian, gluten free, paleo
Makes approximately 4 entrée servings
Did you know?
Broccoli is high in fibre, vitamin C and has potassium, B6 and vitamin A. It is chock full of phytochemicals and antioxidants. Broccoli also benefits the digestive system, the cardiovascular and the immune system. It has anti-inflammatory and even cancer-preventing properties.
- 2 large heads of broccoli
- 1 large brown onion
- 3 shallots
- 1 cup of frozen peas
- 6 cups of low sodium vegetable stock
- 3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- Pinch of Himalayan salt
- Dice the onion and sauté until it begins to caramalise.
- Add shallots and stir through until soft.
- Add the vegetable stock, roughly chopped broccoli
- Bring to the boil and simmer for approximately 25mins or until broccoli is soft.
- Add the nutritional yeast and salt and stir through.
- Allow to cool slightly and add to blender.
- Blend until a smooth texture is achieved.
- Pour into bowls and add some freshly ground pepper and fresh parsley.
- Serve as an entrée or with some wholegrain sourdough bread (choose glutenfree bread if you need)