Beautiful Buckwheat Pancakes
All of us love pancakes and they are a great way to nourish our bodies for a day of active living.
Lunch or Snack
BEAUTIFUL BUCKWHEAT PANCAKES
About this Recipe
By: Hollie Kempton – Powered by Vegies
I love this recipe using buckwheat flour (which is actually a fruit seed from a plant similar to rhubarb). Buckwheat is gluten free and a great plant based source of protein. These pancakes are simple to make and are always a crowd pleaser with my family and friends.
- 2 Cups of buckwheat flour
- 2 Cups water
- 1 Large very ripe banana
- 1 Teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Scoop of organic pea protein (optional)
The Core Ingredients!
Buckwheat: Compared to other grains, buckwheat holds a much higher nutritional value. The main dietary component is carbohydrates, but it also contains a high level of protein and is rich in various antioxidants, contributing to a number of health benefits.
Step by Step Instructions
Mash the banana in a large bowl and add vanilla extract
2. Add buckwheat flour, baking soda and protein powder (optional)
3. Add water and use a hand held blender to blend together. Or you could do this by hand.
Remember this is a base recipe and you can change or add more or less fruit depending on your personal tastes and preferences!
- Use a little coconut oil in a fry pan and our the batter in on medium high heat.
- Flip the pancakes when little bubbles appear over the surface of the pancakes.
- I like to serve these with fresh fruit and a big blob of coconut yoghurt on top.
More Drink & Smoothie Recipes
I am a healthy living advocate and lover of life. I want to empower people to bounce out of bed in the morning full of energy fueled by whole plant based foods. I am also a health and nutrition coach, fitness instructor and self taught cook. I have taken many plant based cooking classes both at home in Australia and overseas.
I absolutely love working with people to educate them on achieving their best health. Be sure to contact me for an help or guidance to help you on your journey of healthy living!
Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. New posts will not be retrieved.
Log in as an administrator and view the Instagram Feed settings page for more details.