Cocoa comes from the cacao bean, and like other beans, has wonderful health promoting phytonutrients, like in green tea.
Did you know?
Cacao butter and powder are different from cocoa butter and powder because they have been cultivated and processed in a way that maintains the nutrients and antioxidants present in the beans.
When I first decided to embark on my journey of a whole food plant based lifestyle. I was super excited about the many benefits I could expect and all the delicious fruit, vegetables, legumes and whole grains that would power me into better health. Then the thought hit me…… WHAT ABOUT CHOCOLATE????
I did some research and realised that there was nothing to be afraid of and in fact I could have my chocolate and benefit from it to.
If you’re a chocolate lover like myself, not eating chocolate is not an option so I have created a delicious and simple way to make your own.
Raw vegan chocolate
- 100g raw cacao butter
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- pinch of Himalayan salt
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 3 drops of peppermint essential oil supplement
- Melt the cacao butter in a bowl over a pot of simmering water.
- When cacao butter is melted add cacao powder and mix with a metal spoon.
- Add maple syrup, salt and peppermint essential oil supplement.
- Tip chocolate into a lined baking tray or container.
- I like to add some buckinis or nuts for added crunch.
- Freeze over night or until set.
Makes approximately 120g chocolate.