This delicious recipe is super creamy and can be easily refrigerated or frozen. Enjoy with some sourdough or seed bread for a hearty winter warmer.
Vegan, Vegetarian, Paleo, Gluten Free
- 700g sweet potato (diced)
- 600g pumpkin (diced/skin removed)
- 1 large brown onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger (grated)
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1Litre vegetable stock
- 400ml coconut milk
- Cook the onion until it begins to caramelise.
- Add the onion and ginger and stir through.
- Add the cumin, coriander and chilli flakes and cook until fragrant. Approx. 30 secounds.
- Add the stock, sweet potato and pumpkin.
- Bring to the boil and stir thoroughly.
- Add coconut milk turn down to a simmer until the sweet potato and pumpkin is soft.
- Carefully pour into blender and blend until a smooth consistency is achieved.