Healthy Snack, Dessert
Gluten Free, Vegan, Paleo
This is a delicious, super simple recipe that is perfect for both kids and adults. The sweet potato gives it a gooey consistency and the dates provide a caramel flavor hit. They can be frozen for school and work lunches or eaten straight away!
Sweet potatoes are highly nutritious, easy to find and taste incredible!
They’re high in fibre, full of vitamins and minerals, particularly Vitamin A, C and Beta Carotene, they don’t spike your blood sugar, reduce inflammation and reduce your risk of certain cancers.
- 450g sweet potato
- 10 medjool dates
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 5 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- Steam sweet potato with the skin on (the skin contains many of the vitamins, minerals) till soft.
- Soak medjool dates for approximately 10mins in hot water then drain off liquid.
- Add sweet potato to food processor with dates, cacao powder, bananas, cinnamon, vanilla bean paste and blitz slowly adding the almond milk.
- Blitz for a further 30 seconds, slowly add coconut flour and baking powder.
- Place in a lined baking dish or loaf tin and place in a 180 degrees celsius oven for approximately 30 min or until skewer comes out clean.
- Dust with a sprinkle of cacao powder.