Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free
Pizza is such a crowd pleaser and certainly does not have to be junk food. My pizza recipe is full of fresh flavours and will leave you feeling vibrant and energised.
- 2 cups wholemeal spelt flour *Gluten free: use buckwheat or gluten free flour
- Approximately 150ml water
- 1/4 butternut pumpkin chopped into 2cm cubes
- 1 red capsicum (Slice capsicum in half and remove stalk and seeds)
- 1 green capsicum (Slice capsicum in half and remove stalk and seeds)
- 1 eggplant thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes sliced thinly
- Tomato paste
- Basil leaves to garnish
- Vegan pesto
- Sprinkle some wholemeal spelt flour on a wooden chopping board.
- Add 2 cups of wholemeal spelt flour and create a well in the centre.
- Very slowly add some water and gently mix, do not rush this step otherwise you will have a big mess.
- Mix and knead the dough with your hands until it forms a ball.
- Every time I do this the water that needs to be added is slightly different.
- Break the dough into 2 balls and flaten into a circular shape.
- Add some flour to your rolling pin and carefully roll the dough until approximately 1/2cm thick.
- Place the 2 pizza bases into a 180 degrees Celsius oven for 5 mins.
- Remove and allow to cool.
- Roast the cubed pumpkin, sliced eggplant and capsicums in a 180 degrees Celsius oven.
- Allow to cool.
- Slice the capsicum and eggplant into thin strips.
- Spread tomato paste generously over cooled pizza base.
- Add the fresh sliced tomatoes, pumpkin, capsicum, eggplant.
- Sprinkle with some Vegan pesto.
- Place into a 180 degrees Celsius oven for approximately 10mins.
- Remove from the oven and top with fresh basil leaves.
Serve with a fresh green salad or steamed greens.