Did you know?
Lentils are an excellent source dietary fibre and folate. They also contain copper, phosphorus, and manganese. These little nutritional powerhouses also contain iron, protein, vitamin B1, zinc, potassium, and vitamin B6.
Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten Free
- 500g Pumpkin cut into 2cm cubes (skin off )
- 1 large brown onion
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 400g can coconut milk
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 250ml vegetable stock
- 1 cup red split lentils
- Saute the onion until it begins to caramelise.
- Add mustard seeds, garlic and ginger, cook for another minute.
- Add cumin, coriander, curry powder, pumpkin and stir until fragrant adding a little water to ensure it doesn’t stick.
- Add lentils and stir through.
- Add coconut milk, diced tomatoes and stock and stir thoroughly.
- Bring the boil, turn down to a simmer and stir frequently until lentils are tender.
Serve with brown rice, zoodles or on a bed of sauteed spinach.