This is a delicious heart warming recipe that is both healthy and deliciously satisfies the chocolate cravings.
Benefits of cacao powder:
Did you know that cacao is full of antioxidants, it has a very high ORAC score (a measure of antioxidants). It is also a great source of magnesium, which helps with calcium absorption and metabolism. Cacao also contains iron, copper, calcium, potassium, and zinc.
- 2 cups nut milk (See my recipe on how to make your own)
- 4 Tbsp Cacao Powder
- 2 tsp Mesquite powder or sweetener or choice (Options: coconut sugar, rapadura)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Place 2 cups nut milk in OmniBlend blender and add cacao powder, blend until smooth.
- Add sweetener, you may want to add more to taste and blend
- You may either leave it in the blender or continue to blend until it is hot or pour into cups and heat in microwave or stove. I use the blender as it is way easier and more creamy.
- Sip slowly and take a mindful minute to enjoy the delicious flavours.
Sip slowly and take a mindful minute to enjoy the delicious flavours.