Makes approximately 12 small muffins.
These muffins are made with wholemeal spelt flour. Spelt is packed with nutrients, vitamins, minerals, and essential organic compounds that other cereals and forms of wheat don’t contain, which might explain the renewed interest in spelt.
- 2 large bananas (I use defrosted frozen bananas)
- 2 cups wholemeal spelt flour
- 1 cup roughly chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup apple puree
- 1 cup almond milk
- ¼ cup 100% pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Line muffin tin with baking paper
- Mash bananas in a large bowl
- Add almond milk, maple syrup, apple puree and mix together
- Add wholemeal spelt flour, baking powder and cacao powder and mix together.
- Add chopped walnuts
- Pour mixture into muffin tins
- Bake for approximately 25mins or until a skewer comes out clean.
Perfect treat for work or for kids school lunches. Even my cat wanted these 🙂