Did you know?
Quinoa is a highly nutritious gluten free grain. It contains more protein than any other grain, with a good balance of all 8 essential amino acids. Quinoa is also high in fibre and has a low-GI, keeping blood sugar levels stable.
Vegan, Gluten Free
These are a great quick and tasty treat using only fruit to sweeten them. They are perfect for a wholefood healthy chocolate treat.
- ¼ cup cashews (soak for 3 hours)
- ¼ cup almonds (soak for 3 hours)
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 3 Tbsp. cacao powder
- 3 Tbsp. coconut flour
- ¼ cup almond milk
- Preheat oven to 200degrees Celsius
- Drain the cashews and almonds and rinse well.
- Add the cashews, almonds, cacao powder and quinoa to a food processor and blend until combined.
- Add the coconut flour and vanilla extract until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Place the mixture on a lined baking tray and bake for 30mins.