Breakfast: Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten free, Dairy Free
All of us love pancakes and they are a great way to nourish our bodies for a day of active living.
I love this recipe using buckwheat flour (which is actually a fruit seed from a plant similar to rhubarb). Buckwheat is gluten free and a great plant based source of protein. These pancakes are simple to make and are always a crowd pleaser with my family and friends.
- 2 Cups of buckwheat flour
- 2 Cups water
- 1 Large very ripe banana
- 1 Teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Scoop of organic pea protein (optional)
1. Mash the banana in a large bowl and add vanilla extract
2. Add buckwheat flour, baking soda and protein powder (optional)
3. Add water and use a hand held blender to blend together. Or you could do this by hand.
4. Use a little coconut oil in a fry pan and our the batter in on medium high heat.
5. Flip the pancakes when little bubbles appear over the surface of the pancakes.
I like to serve these with fresh fruit and a big blob of coconut yoghurt on top.