Vegan, Gluten Free
Makes approximately 12 biscuits
This is a super easy healthy version of the traditional ANZAC biscuit. Perfect with a cup of tea!
ANZAC Day holds a very special place in Australian culture it is a day that we pay our respects to all those who have served our country. It is a time at which Australians reflect on the many different meanings of war and the hope for a future of peace.
- 1 cup of rolled oats (if you are gluten free substitute for gluten free oats)
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup desiccated coconut or coconut flakes (I used ½ cup of each)
- 4Tbsp maple syrup
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2Tbsp peanut butter
- 1tsp bicarb soda (baking soda)
- 4Tbsp water
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- Mix oats, coconut, almond meal, salt and bicarb soda.
- Add the vanilla extract, maple syrup and peanut butter.
- Mix through using your hands until it starts to combine.
- Add the water 1Tbsp at a time while bringing together with your hands.
- Make into small biscuits and gently press down on an oven tray.
- Place in the oven for approximately 40 mins.
- As soon as they start to go lightly golden and crunchy they are ready.